My name is Janni Juhasz-Smith. I am the mother of 3 children, 5 step children and a new grandchild.
I have been a member of the Boy Scouts of America for 15 years. I attended Wood Badge training in 1996 and loved every minute of it. I started a High Adventure troop and as the Scout Master we traveled to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Park where we back packed for 3 days in the mountains & rafted the Snake River. We stopped along the way to see Mount Rushmore, Devils Tower and the Bad Lands. We also went to Europe and attended a High Adventure Scout camp in Switzerland called Kanderstag. On the way home we stopped in Paris and London. We as a troop were able to experience spalunking, white water rafting, rock climbing, rappelling, snow shoeing, skiing, snow tubing, and thats just the tip of the iceburg. I have many fond memories of all the kids I was able to get to know and guide and wouldn't trade those experiences for all the money in the world.
Over ten years ago I decided when my youngest started school I could not stay home anymore (I would go crazy!) I landed a job as a secretary in a local pest control company. I couldn't stand being the secretary, answering phones and not having any knowledge of the business so that I could answer questions that customers would ask. So I started training in the field. Of course from there I became a technician in the field doing many, many pest inspections for customers that were purchasing new homes. As a licensed pest inspector in the State of Ohio and Michigan I am required to receive 5 hours of continuing education every 2 years.
After about 2 years I decided I wanted to be a home inspector. I went to school in Bethesda, MD at Hometech Seminars (one of the best in the country at the time) in May of 2000. I came back from Bethesda and started my business.
The following is list of credentials and training:
- June 1998- Started performing pest inspections in Ohio & Michigan
- May 2000- Attended home inspector school in Bethesda, MD
- July 2004- Joined the Better Business Bureau
- Nov 2004- Attended ASHI Great Lakes Chapter Training in Toledo, OH
- Jan 2005- Attended ASHI National training in Austin, TX
- Mayl 2005- Met requirements and became a full member of NACHI
- May 2005- Met requirements and became a full member of ASHI
- May 2005- Became President of the Toledo Pest Control Assoc (2 year term)
- May 2005- Attended ASHI Great Lakes Chapter Training in Indianapolis, IN
- May 2005- Attended Acustar Radon Training in Lansing, MI
- July 2006- Attended ASHI Great Lakes Chapter training in Schamburg, IL
- Jan 2007- Joined NACHI National online chapter
- July 2007- Attended ASHI Great Lakes chapter training in Chicago, IL
- July 2008- Attended ASHI Great Lakes chapter training in Chicago, IL
- July 2009- Attended ASHI Great Lakes chapter training in Chicago, IL
- January 2010- Became a Certified Combustion Analyst by National Comfort Institute
- January 2010- Recertified with the Ohio Department of Agriculture for WDI Inspections
- April 2010 - Attended ASHI Greater Ohio chapter training in Columbus, OH
- July 2010 - Attended ASHI Great Lakes chapter training in Chicago, IL
- July 2011 - Attended ASHI Great Lakes chapter training in Chicago, IL
- July 2012 - Attended ASHI Great Lakes chapter training in Chicago, IL