My name is Janni Juhasz-Smith - mother of 3 children, 5 step children and two grandchildren.
Member of the Boy Scouts of America for over 15 years. Attended Wood Badge training in 1996 and loved every minute of it. Started a High Adventure troop and as the Scout Master we traveled to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Park - back packed for 3 days in the mountains & rafted the Snake River. Then, stopped along the way to see Mount Rushmore, Devils Tower and the Bad Lands. Also, we went to Europe, attended a High Adventure Scout camp in Switzerland called Kanderstag, and on the way home we stopped in Paris and London. As a den we experienced spelunking, white water rafting, rock climbing, rappelling, snow shoeing, skiing, snow tubing, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg! I have many fond memories of all the kids I got to know and guide - wouldn't trade those experiences for all the money in the world.
When my youngest started school, I realized just could not stay home anymore - landed a job as a secretary in a local pest control company. While I enjoyed the job, I felt I needed to educate myself and know the business to answer questions that customers would ask. So, I started training in the field - from there became a technician in the field doing many, many pest inspections for customers that were purchasing new homes. As a licensed pest inspector in both the State of Ohio and Michigan I am required to receive 5 hours of continuing education every 2 years.
After about 2 years I decided to incorporate pest inspecting with becoming a home inspector. May 2000, I attended school in Bethesda, MD at Hometech Seminars (one of the best in the country at the time). Returned home from Bethesda and started HOMTEC Residential Inspections, LLC.
Credentials/Training and Accolades:
- June 1998 Started performing pest inspections in Ohio & Michigan
- May 2000 Attended home inspector school in Bethesda, MD
- July 2004 Joined the Better Business Bureau
- November 2004 – Present Attend Yearly ASHI Great Lakes Chapter Training
- May 2005 Met requirements and achieved full membership status of NACHI
- May 2005 Met requirements and achieved full membership status of ASHI
- May 2005 Became President of the Toledo Pest Control Association (2year term)
- May 2005 Attended Acustar Radon Training in Lansing, MI
- July 2004 – Present Attend Yearly ASHI Great Lakes Chapter Training
- January 2007 Joined NACHI National online chapter
- January 2010 Became a Certified Combustion Analyst by National Comfort Institute
- January 2010 Recertified with the Ohio Department of Agriculture for WDI Inspections
- July 2013 – July 2016 Vice President of ASHI Great Lakes Chapter
- July 2014- July 2016 Educational Chair of ASHI Great Lakes Chapter
- July 2015 – Present Core of Representatives for ASHI
- July 2016 – Present President of ASHI Great Lakes Chapter
- May 2016 Achieved Inspector By Review status
- October 2016 Achieved Master Inspector By Review status – only woman in the country to do so